<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Brian came down from Phoenix and spent the afternoon watching me do errands. We were going to the All Souls Day Procession and I spent about twenty minutes making four signs.


Gregg and Ray.

At the parade route we ran into Gregg and Ray and I gave them two of the signs. I carried "The Iraq War 2003- " and Brian had "The Republican Congress 1994-2006." A very large number of people stopped and photographed the four of us. If it doesn't sound too snotty, I will say that they came out very well.


Parade goers.

Thousands of people attend the event. We ran into Chris and Jim, among many others. Somehow I missed Patrick and Brady, although they apparently saw me. The parade is meant to memorialize the dead and the saddest thing I saw was a shrine made for a young man named Tim, a friend of friends of mine, who died a few months ago when he was hit by a car in a crosswalk.


Dearly departed bride.

Brian will be posting a lot better pictures of the people in the parade. It seemed smaller than last year, with fewer homemade altars. There was a grand piano on wheels, that was pretty amazing.


Brian and Homer.

Afterwards I made Brian pizza and he's on his way back to Phoenix. I'm in my new jammies and it is bedtime for me.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus