<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 29, 2007

Okay, so I had a revelation last night. I went over to Jim and Chris's casa to watch Rome and Extras and afterwards Chris and I stood on the fancy-electronic scale and I discovered I weighed 212 pounds. After gasping in horror (last time I weighed myself I was 195 pounds), I realized that holy shit I need to stop making delicious cream puffs and other fattening desserts. As of this morning, I am on a diet.

I can remember being super skinny in my early 20s- at one point I weighed 147 pounds in college while at the same height. When I hit 30 I discovered I had to watch what I ate. When I hit 40 if I looked at something the calories magically transferred themselves to me. Somehow over the last year I've managed to add 17 pounds. According to my Body Mass Index (at about 28), I am overweight. That's fracking amazing.

Well, if there is one thing I'm good at, it is willpower. I'm going back to my normal weight by the time naked pool volleyball starts. Rice crispies and one percent milk for breakfast. Bananas and apples for snacks. Salads. No chocolate. No desserts. No peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with lots of crunchy peanut butter. Sigh.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus