<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 27, 2007

A reader wonders, "Is it possible for two bloggers to meet in person? Isn't that impossible according to the laws of nature or physics?" Why yes, dear reader, in certain circumstances, primarily on the east coast of the United States, it is difficult. But here in Tucson, I've had the pleasure of having Frank, Panchesco, Jimbo, Glenn, Brian, Jim, and Moby inside my 1927 Spanish Territorial style burnt adobe brick homestead in 2007, and nothing terrible happened.

It helps to have Roger as your friend. He is a physicist by training, he makes the unnatural natural and the impossible possible.

So I made three kinds of pizza. Trader Joe's pizza dough is a lovely thing although I wish they would put a smidgeon more dough in the bag so that the pizza would fill the entire pan. I called Brady to alert him to the pesto pizza with artichoke hearts, pinenuts, and spinach and he said tersely, "We're having an emergency, I'll call you back." I fretted through the entire party, wondering who was in the hospital, before he called to tell me that he or Patrick had spilled soda on the new wood floors. He then discovered that I had made pesto pizza and was suitably bummed out.


Frank and John, aren't they handsome?.

I also made a salad.

I had a little pre-party anxiety, worrying that guests wouldn't show up because of some exciting emergency, but in the end a total of ten arrived. Twenty percent of whom have a blog!


Moby and Brian, aren't they handsome?

After the first and second course, I had everyone wash their fingers in little bowls of perfumed lemon water (that's a lie!) and then we played Mexican loteria. Roger, unfortunately, is a terrible loteria player and was the only one not to win a 99 Cent store prize. Hopefully his nice boyfriend Richard will share one of his prizes. Frank and Moby hopefully have pictures of this happening, to prove it happened, because I was busy reading aloud the loteria images "Number 9, El Barril, Number 9, El Barril." Really, my Spanish couldn't get any worse.


Pineapple upsidedown cake, isn't it handsome?

I then made whipped cream. Forrest would later comment that until recently, he didn't know how one made this dessert sprucer-upper. It is really easy (not a lie!) and here's my little secret- I add a little bit of coconut extract along with the vanilla extract. It makes it taste extra yummy.


Frank, Homer, and Moby.

I really had a most excellent weekend. The only downside is that it is Monday and I have to go to the dentist to have a deep cleaning done (early periodontal disease!). And for some reason between 4 AM and 6 AM I had some truly scary nightmares, one involved me not being able to reach the brake pedal with my foot. Another one of which resulted in my shouting out loud, thereby waking myself up. Even now, half an hour later, I still out of sorts.

And in case you are wondering, Moby and I had a lovely time and nobody is mad at anybody. Did I mention how much my friends and pets liked Moby? That is not a lie.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus