<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 07, 2007

Beard Friday.

When I'm not busy telling little children that the Easter Bunny isn't real, I'm busy taking care of old Mollie, whose health is slowly failing.

Blue door self beardtrait.

She's having difficulty walking and has lost strength in her back legs. My house has mostly wood or tile floors, and she can't stand on those anymore, her legs slip apart. So nows she's restricted to the living room, which has a rug, and has regained much of her agility. Still, she's about 15 1/2 years old and that's a lot for a hound dog.

I've never had to deal with an elderly pet before. My dogs (Pouncer and Curley) got old and passed on while I was in college. So this is all a little strange for me, wondering whether I'll know if it is time to call the vet.

In other news, some people have complained about the panda entry on their blogs. I've been accused of being a nasty person. Well, whatthefuckever. I'm clever enough, I guess, to make multiple blogs and comment back and forth on them. I just don't see the point. As an exercise in creative writing, I can see that a bored person might get into that. I guess these individuals have a lot of energy invested in their various blogs, because they go bonkers when someone points out a factual inconsistency or a borrowed photograph. Then there are long, convulated explanations followed by altered entries and deletions. And while this is happening the multiple personalities of the blogger are busy calling other people nasty names. Whatthefuckever.

What surprises me are the people who believe that "if it's on the internet, it's real." And who fail to distinguish between a chunk of computer memory and a real, living person. I feel like asking them, "Is it possible to hurt the feelings of a fictional character?" And what about the real people who have interacted with these fakes? Or listened to their medical advice? Or been called nasty names by one of their personas? At this point, my advice is believe what you want. The Easter Bunny is, in fact, real.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus