<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 07, 2007

Simple things. If you write something and post it on the internet, it is very easy to make a screen capture and save the text, images, comments, etc. This becomes useful when an individual goes back and changes entries, deletes comments, and then accuses you of lying about said entries.

If someone tells the truth, they do not need to go back and repeatedly change entries and delete comments.

In fairness, I have deleted one entry at the request of a friend, I have removed two photographs at the request of the people in the pictures, and I have deleted portions of perhaps 10 comments in the last 4.3 years that were offensive in some way- always noting that I had done so on the comment. I have also banned one person from commenting.

Occasionally I correct typographic errors, but that is it. I don't need to go back and make extensive changes because my blog is a reflection of my life on a series of days. I write about what is happening. It is as simple as that. I want to go back later and see what I was writing about a certain day (e.g., on August 22, 2007), not what I wrote about that day with subsequent changes or deleted portions, and so on.

We now return to reality, which involves making a coconut cake and pumpkin pie for tomorrow's holiday party.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus