<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

1970.


First grade.

Mrs. Gray had us draw a picture of ourselves as adults, "What you want to be when you grow up," she said. I drew a scientist with a magnifying glass.

Today someone asked my opinion, "You're a scientist, what do you think about this?" he said. I almost laughed because of that Recent Incident.

I still have the little pug nose (thanks Mummy!). I wish I had a plaid shirt like that. They had good boys' fashions back in the early 1970s. Our pants always stayed up and we often wore clip-on ties to class, carefully removing them for recess. I also remember that blowing milk was considered a very naughty thing to do. I wonder what Mrs. Gray would think about me now. She was certainly a mean old thing, but I suppose thirty years of first graders will do that to anybody.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus