<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Yesterday, Larry and I went to India Oven for buffet lunch. The food was delicious and I confess, I ate three samosas.



















Plateful.

Afterwards, we drove south on I-19 to Tumacacori, which is a Piman word meaning something like "place of the flat rocks." It is a Spanish-Mexican era mission complex.



















The 1820s church.

Vermillion flycatchers were busy flying around, it is extraordinary how scarlet their feathers are. A friendly female tabby cat followed me around until I gave in and petted her.

























Remnants of murals.

The church was heavily damaged after it was abandoned in 1848. There are many places where treasure hunters scratched away the plaster looking for imaginary treasure. In other places people have scratched their names and dates. It was disappointing to see graffiti from 2006 inside the church. If I ever caught someone doing that I would chastise them (which I did at a temple in Greece, telling two young American girls to behave!).

























Larry.

Summer is officially here and it is hot. I hope Brett doesn't melt when he comes visit.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus