<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 09, 2009

So it poured yesterday, a typical monsoon storm, and Forrest and I climbed out of the pool at Sandy, Mark, and Zane's house. They arrived shortly thereafter and we hung out for a while. On our way home we had to detour around areas where power poles had come down and the streets were flooded.

This morning I drove out to the dig site to find nobody there. Apparently they forgot to alert me. I walked over to where I was working and the pit I was digging was half full of water. A big mess.

So today I am sitting in the lovely air conditioning at the office. Just chatted with Brett, who asked me if I was obsessed and I told him no. He also asked about Henny-Penny, who is doing fine although I can't find where she is laying eggs (perhaps she has stopped because of the wretched heat).

Tonight's excitement will be a sink of dirty dishes and laundry. Not every moment can be spent hanging out in pools, no matter how much fun that sounds.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus