<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 31, 2009

Saturday started out awful. I cleaned house and did some yardwork, and then Forrest and I went to do errands and stopped by the 4th Avenue underpass to look at my tile. Except there was a woman's picture in my place. The project website said that some tiles had been replaced because they were broken, and it wasn't until today that I learned that my tile was still being made. In the meantime I was in a cranky mood.

But Kevin came down from Phoenix on Saturday and we went to Yoshimatsu for supper.



















Vegetable tempura bento.

As always, the food was very good.

The next morning we had breakfast at The Grill (tater tots!). Afterwards we drove out into the desert west of my house.
























Kevin and saguaro.

The west unit of Saguaro National Park is only about 15 to 20 minutes away from my front door. There are many saguaros there, of course.



















Saguaro National Park.

Lots of photo opportunities.



















Fishhook cactus.

Afterwards, Kevin drove his Jeep through the carwash.



















LSD suds.

Jump forward to tonight, Forrest and I went for a short night hike. We ran into someone who didn't like us.



















Rattlesnake.

Forrest played with my new camera, taking long exposure shots.



















It was really dark when this photo was taken.

Looks like I will be doing a dig down at a mission site south of Tucson next week, I am suddenly very busy at work.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus