<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 30, 2009

We journeyed across town to Sandy, Mark, and Zane's house for the Pumpkin Carving Fiesta. Earlier I had come home from the dig and frantically made a white cake with vanilla cream cheese frosting for Patrick's belated birthday. I taught Forrest how to make the tomato-basil-red onion-mozzarella salad that everyone really likes. He sliced the vegetables carefully.



















Patrick's bday cake.

Once at the S/M/Z estate we had veggie lasagna, a leafy salad, and the before-mentioned salad before we began to carve pumpkins. Before that we had an intense discussion, do you call it frosting or icing?




















Forrest, Sandy, and Mark.

I was completely, utterly tired from being outside all day and I will admit, my pumpkin carving skills suffered.























Patrick slicing.

In contrast, the other guys did much better.
























Forrest carves the tiny pumpkin I picked for him.

Some people showed surprising skills, especially since they are from a country that (zounds!) does not have Halloween!
























Mark s work of art.

I managed to stay awake long enough to see most people's pumpkins completed and have a slice of cake (came out pretty good I boast).



















Mark, Patrick, Forrest, Homer, Sandy, and Forrest.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus