<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

On a day when hatred and bigotry once again soiled my spirit, I have decided to focus on a happy moment.

October 1986, after wearing braces to correct my horribly crooked teeth for a total of 361 days, they were removed and suddenly I had a beautiful smile, something I could not have imagined would ever happen.


















Anne-Marie and me. And a jack-o-lantern with braces.

I am wearing my favorite sweater, one that Mummy made for me when I was going off to college in 1982. I brought Anne-Marie, my cute orthodontist student from Belgium, a bouquet of carnations to thank her. Having straight teeth changed my life- gave me self confidence and made me feel less like the poor farmboy that I had been.

So a happy moment, indeed.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus