<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Forrest called me as he was driving east of Oklahoma City tonight, heading to Memphis. He is a car crammed full of all of his possessions, his sister, and Shirley the cat. We talked and talked, I was upbeat and I told him I wasn't going to be down. It is hard though, last night I went into his empty house and sat on his bed and bawled my eyes out.

I didn't say goodbye yesterday morning, instead I said "So long for now," because that was what I felt.

At work I don't feel like I am accomplishing much, although I have finished a chapter and several articles for a newsletter. Movement outside my office window catches my eye and I saw coyotes three separate times today, including a pair that was playing- rolling around and play-biting each other. In the afternoon I saw movement and turned and this time it was a lean, muscular bobcat. I called out to my office mates and Ralph, Patti, and Sarah and I rushed to the next window and watched as it strolled along. It was very exciting, the third time I have seen a bobcat at work in the last year or so.

At home I made Mummy supper (reheated some green corn tamales from the nice lady who sells them outside Mexican Safeway) and she watched the news. Afterward we went to the library and then to the supermarket. It is 7:19 and what to do now?

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus