<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Did you know that a tablespoon is equal to three teaspoons? I learned this while making batch of apple-onion-sage chutney. I accidentally added two tablespoons so I basically had to match a second, larger batch to mix the first batch in with.

Recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar, 1 1/2 cuts sugar, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, three cups sweet onion, seven cups tart apple, and 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves chopped.

Boil until mostly softened.



















I added some celery and red pepper too, after this picture was taken.

I now have a canner and rack, and I have gotten used to the process. So everything went well, except for the too-much salt.



















Seven jars.

Lesson learned- read directions carefully. The finished chutney has a "Thanksgiving" flavor, I think.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus