<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 25, 2010

I went to Michigan for a week to visit family. I actually flew into Chicago and drove north, but I spent the night at Doug's house. He made me a birthday supper and invited his friend Michael over. We disagreed about certain aspects of the Catholic Church. In the morning, Doug took me to a fen and I enjoyed seeing the rare plants.




















A pretty yellow flower.

Friday I drove north, seven hours, and arrived. I discovered my sister's new kitten had peed on the chair I was sitting on. That was unpleasant. The next day we drove down and picked my Amish brother up. We visited the cemetery where my namesake is buried.
























For some reason Blogger will not allow me to post this picture correctly.

Later we drove past the house I lived in from 1974 to 1979.




















It looked nothing like this when I lived there.


On Sunday I drove my mother, sister, and nephew south to see my aunt, uncle, cousin, and two of cousins once removed.



















Elizabeth, Homer, and Katie.

It was nice to catch up after all these years.

The next day a truck brought my sister a new horse.























Midnight and Susan.

It had pneumonia and she has to give it pills mixed into molasses.
My Amish brother is raising eggs to sell. I liked his chickens.




















There are 104 hens and one rooster.

My mother wanted to see the millsite where my great great grandfather Elijah ground grain back in the 1870s. We ended up going the long way and she was so tired when we got there she couldn't enjoy seeing the remnants.

























Susan and Mummy at the damn dam site.


I spent some hours photographing tombstones in the old cemetery in Traverse City. I will be posting them to the Find-A-Grave website over the winter. On the way to town I passed by these Longhorn cattle every day.




















The bull has just smelled that cow's behind.

I drove back to Chicago and spent the night with Paul, who I dated back in 1989. It was nice seeing him and catching up.

Mummy comes out in seven weeks for the winter. She is looking forward to the fun she has at my place.



Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus