<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Hohokam began to paint naturalistic elements on their pottery around A.D. 700. For some reasons, the pottery makers began to apply images of birds, mammals, reptiles, and even insects to their pottery, along with some flowers. Occasionally you find pictures of people, some carrying baskets. I remember one sherd I saw up in Phoenix of people holding hands and dancing. My mother made me a sweater from that design.

The sherds below were found on the project in Phoenix that Evan and I volunteered on a couple of weeks ago (we didn't find them, someone else did).























Snakes on the sherd.

The man or woman who painted this bowl, sometime around 1100-1300 years ago was really talented.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus