<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 08, 2011

On November 17th I attended a museum exhibit opening. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was there, her parents had lent many items for the exhibit. I stood nearby as she chatted with my friend Barney and cooed over Barney's elfish baby. I wanted to congratulate her on her re-election. She has been an advocate for LGBT people and is a no-nonsense sort of legislator. But I decided not to interrupt and went on my way.

It is really disheartening to live in Arizona right now. Racism, guns allowed everywhere, transplant patients denied organs, healthcare cancelled for children, state parks closed, Mexican ethnic studies banned, teachers with accents to be fired. Honestly, nothing surprises me anymore.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus