<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 05, 2011

The drive north was fast and I arrived ahead of schedule. Evan and I made yellow squash bred-n-butter pickles on Friday night.



















Squash pickles.

On Saturday morning we went to an antique shop with many overpriced items.
























Grandma Evan.

I tried to look like a stern fireman.



















Fireman Homer.

I bought Evan a 1953 Better Homes and Garden Cookbook. The cake recipes look tempting.


























We had pizza for lunch.

We drove south to Camp Verde to visit with Bradley. The Verde River runs next to where he lives, so we got to splash in the water.

























Evan splashing.

I thought it strange that there were no apparent waterbirds in the river, which was quite lush with vegetation.

























Bradley.

Afterwards, Bradley played marimba and Evan played guitar. I played with the dog name Beijing.

























Music.

On Sunday, we went to the Coconino County Fair. It is a pretty small fair, I should enter canned goods next year and make some dollars.



















Coconino County Fair.

We looked at every animal- I was surprised that there were no dairy cattle. Many of the animals were being sold to be eaten by people. This is why there are no pictures of goats, because I felt sad for them.

























Chicken.

There were many colorful chickens. Evan will have to make me a chicken coop sometime.
























Floppy-eared rabbit baby.

We made peach tart and squash tart last night and I fell asleep on the couch. The allergies were finally catching up with me- itchy eyes and drowsiness.

This morning we went for a short walk and I admired the many wildflowers.

























Purple and yellow asters.


























My left eye was scratchy.

By the next time I am in Flagstaff, most of the wildflowers will be gone.

























Black-eyed Susans.

The drive back was horrible and tedious and 6+ hours instead of 4 hours and 20 minutes due to road construction and an accident. The cats were excited to see me when I finally arrived home.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus