<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 02, 2012

So yesterday was Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day and today all of those protest meals are coming out as shit. Very appropriate.

Supposedly this grand event was a protest for First Amendment rights or some similar nonsense. It is strange then, isn't it, that so many of the protesters were willing to openly state that it was all a big group hug for faggot haters. A visit to Mike Huckabee or the Chick-Fil-A Facebook page was sufficient to prove this point. The anti-gay remarks vastly outnumbered the First Amendment remarks.

So lucky that no one I knew ate there yesterday. First of all, I really don't approve of eating chickens. Remember Henny Penny, the bestest chicken in the world? Why would anyone want to eat chickens? They are full of personality, curious, interesting little creatures that sometimes poop on you.

Unfortunately, some of my friends discovered that their friends and family members marched down and had a hate sandwich with a side order of bigotry. Many posted pictures of themselves proudly eating this breaded piece of factory meat that would never rot if left outside in the sun. And some of these people had the balls to say out loud, "Why, I have gay friends! Gay friends that are going to hell and shouldn't be allowed to marry, but friends nonetheless."

Really? I argued with a couple of women online about this. One of them was foolish enough to say the Bible bans gay marriage. I told her to find the specific phrase. Of course she couldn't, because there isn't a particular phrase that specifically bans same sex marriage. She changed the subject, but not before telling me I was not a friend of our mutual friend. That particular mutual friend who called me today because he was so upset that these very same people supported hate. I'm sorry, but it is not possible to be someone's friend and then state openly that they are not your equal in terms of basic civil rights.

In many ways, this was a good thing to happen. We gay folks got to wake up a bit and see that there are a huge number of fundamentalists who simply hate our homo guts. It was a virtual lynching at a fast food restaurant. The culture wars are ongoing, just like the racism that has broken out into the open as white people become the minority in America. These people will likely never change, their resentment will grow and grow as courts and northern states legalize same sex marriage. It will be Roe V Wade II.

At the same time I got to hear from numerous straight friends telling me how disgusted they were and how much they support me. Although I didn't say this to them, I appreciate this more than they can ever know.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus