<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 10, 2012

I'm still smiling every time I think about the election. I'll admit I was kind of worried, but at the same time I was feeling very confident, thanks to Nate Silver's level-headed statistical analyses of the polls. So on Tuesday night I opened a bottle of red wine left over from the All Souls Procession and started sipping a glass. I turned the telly on to PBS and I will state that they managed to make the election dull. So dull.

 
2012 ballot

 Around nine o'clock or so they called Iowa and then all that was needed was Ohio. I was getting tipsy. When Ohio was called I ran to the telly and watched the glum faces of the Romney folks and the elated faces of Obama's people in Chicago. Okay, I'll admit to sobbing in relief when I heard Obama was re-elected. More wine. Marriage equality in Maryland and Maine. By the next day it was obvious that the amendment failed in Minnesota and equality was achieved in Washington. Maggie Gallagher and Brian Brown are failures. Their lives are fucking wasted. All those years and what will they have achieved? Fucking nothing. And with Obama getting the next one or two Supremes, fuck yeah! Reading the bleating of the Republican talking heads is remarkable. They still don't get it. Maggie Gallagher thinks the Republicans should be even more anti-gay. Tell that to my mother, who voted straight Democratic for the first time in her life. So yes, I am still smiling four days later.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus