<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 16, 2014

So Arizona state Representative Steve Yarbrough wants to pass a law that would allow religious people to discriminate against gay people.

I sent him the following email:

Dear Mr. Yarbrough,

In regards to your bill that would allow people to refuse service to gay folks due to their religious views. I would ask that as part of your bill you would require these businesses to prominently display a large sign stating which groups of people they would refuse service to.

As a gay man, I really would hate to bother a fundamentalist Christian or Mormon or even a Muslim business owner by walking into their place of business. I'm certain that even looking or talking to me, a 50-year-old homosexual, would violate their religious beliefs. What if I accidentally shook their hands and they touched a gay person without realizing it?

You or your staff member reading this are probably grossed out by the fact that a Homosexual sent you an email. I suggest that your next bill will be one preventing LGBT people from contacting their elected officials.

And as a side note, I wonder how much time and money the State of Arizona will spend defending this unconstitutional law. Because the Federal Constitution clearly states that everyone is supposed to be treated equally.

Sincerely,

Homer

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus