<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 04, 2014

On Monday I went to the Trampled by Turtles concert at the Rialto. The opening band Spirit Family Reunion was great. TBT was awesome. Wish I could play banjo like Dave, the very handsome banjo player.


Trampled by Turtles. 

The next day I had a sore throat, which I thought was concert-related. Caramia called me to go over to the fort, where a circular pit was found during final grading. It turned out to be an outhouse pit from the fort period (1873-1891) and contained a small, but interesting set of artifacts. We sampled a nearby trench that contained artifacts from about the same period.

Outhouse pit and starting on the trench.

On Wednesday my throat got increasingly sore. I left work early, feeling guilty. I spent most of Thursday and Friday in bed. Interesting to watch the symptoms developed, strengthen, fade away. I thought maybe on Saturday I would be back to normal, but spent most of the day with a fever, ranging from 98.1 to 99.5 degrees.

The only thing productive I have done is to get the ellyptical machine from Sears and with Doug's help, put it together. It is waiting for me to get better before I get on it and get rid of 20 pounds. Doug asked me if it was going to become another thing for me to hang clothes on. I said no.


Hopefully I will soon be able to fit into my cute shirts again.

Being sick and unable to concentrate on normal things means I end up thinking about other things. I discovered something I didn't want to know. I am trying to be mature but at the same time I can't help wondering how stupid I have been.




Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus