<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 13, 2014

My weekend.

On Friday night I hung out with Steve at the new World of Beer. We ran into Kameron and Hal and stood and talked. Steve and I then went off Bisonwiches for supper. I've know Steve since 1986.


Steve and Homer.

The next morning, Craig and Jesse arrived from Phoenix. Buddy did not like the wheels on Craig's chair. He was naughty and barked loudly.

We got in the car and drove to Parker Lake. A long windy road, State Route 83, stops at the lake.

Craig driving.

Lots of pretty barn swallows nesting and raising babies.


Swallows.

We rented a pedal/paddle boat and went out onto Parker Lake. We rapidly discovered the hell of pedal/paddle boats. Our legs were not happy.


Jesse agreed about this.


Craig.


On the drive back I admired the scenery. Nasty Canadians want to destroy a huge area of the east side of the Santa Rita Mountains with an enormous pit mine, leaching the crap out of the rock with cyanide, and then shipping the ore down the winding, 2-lane road to the train tracks to ship directly to China.

Pretty scenery.

Of course, I do not know if the mine will ever happen because many, many people are lining up to sue the fuck out of these people for lots of different reasons.

The sun made a pretty pattern on my camera.

Pink and green dots.

We went to BK's for supper.


Jesse and Craig waiting for supper.

This morning I got up and made pancakes, cheesy eggs, carmelized bananas, and veggie links. We then went up to Mount Lemmon to cool off. At the top it was 65 degrees (100 at the base).

The guys at 9000+ feet.

Picnic lunch of cheese sandwiches, Cheese Nips, and blueberries. A little beetle visited with us.

Beetle.

Craig likes blueberries.

They headed back to Tucson and I had a little nap. When I got up it started to storm violently.

Monsoon rain.

I was in the living room when I heard a weird nose. When I walked in the kitchen I saw water exploding through the wall. SIGH.

Water damage.

Even more water was coming down in the corner of the study.

After the rain stopped I climbed up on the roof with a broom and swept water off and found the leaking area. Tomorrow I will buy a big pail of the white roof coating to slop over the area that is leaking. YEAH!


Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus