<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 21, 2014

This year I am the Grinch.

Craig and Jesse's Meyer lemon tree is over-loaded with lemons. So I picked some and I canned many jars of lemon curd.

Lemon curd cooking.

Onions were on sale so I purchased many and also made carmelized onions. 

Carmelized onions.

My meringue cookies burned so I took curd and onions to the company cookie exchange. I discovered people like the curd more than the onions.

The drama with the car continues. The insurance companies decided I was 100 percent at fault. So much bullshit. I guess my insurance goes up now. I figured out that in the 21 years I have had the same car insurance and 15 years house insurance, that I have paid about $50,000 in insurance. In that time I have replaced a windshield, a side window, and a back window. No other claims. And now the insurance goes up. Nice.

I was feeling poor and waited until payday to go buy a Holiday tree. Doug drove me over and with the Home Depot gift card I got for giving a lecture, I purchased one. They were down to their last trees so it was shorter than usual, but also much fatter and very heavy- which is apparently a sign that it is also fresher. I ended up paying $14.96 for it.

Came home, set it up, but the little colored lights on (they never show in the pictures). They took Mother to the bazaar, to see Patrick, to the library, and to the grocery store. She totters around in her little baby steps, clump-clump-clump goes her shoes. Terrible balance now and so uncoordinated. She has fallen twice since getting here. 

In the evening I put ornaments on the tree.



Decorated.

I only picked out the glass figure ornaments, and a few balls. 


Abominable is always my favorite.

Mother has her silver tree and some of my childhood toys are around it.

Mother's tree.

Honestly, I am just blase about the holidays this year. There is a lot of stress in my life. The cats are being extra needy- always wanting to sit on me. My cat hair allergies are crazed and have been for months. I wake up with swollen eyes. 

Sometimes it would be nice to have a carefree life like Buddy. Spoiled rotten. Getting fatter and not caring. Interesting things to bark at. That one human who gives tummy rubs so nice.

Buddy.



Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus