<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Back in 1972 or 1973 I really wanted a dog. We had a couple of dogs by then, my mother had a white toy poodle named Smokey (as a child I was obsessed with Smokey the Bear), and my brother had a little brown and white terrier named Ginger. Ginger had just showed up one day and climbed into my father's lap so we kept her. The Dreve's lived next door to my nice grandmother and bred poodles but somehow their female poodle got knocked up by some other breed (a Pekinese?) and as a result I got to have Pouncer. He started out black and soon turned a gray color. A very nice, friendly dog, prone to epileptic fits.

 He didn't get spayed in time and he got Ginger pregnant and she had five puppies in early 1974. We kept two, Curley and a white puppy whose name I forgot, and who managed to get run over. Curley was a fat dog and sometimes was grumpy. I came across this photo, probably taken by me in 1979 or 1980. Brought back memories of my two dogs. Wish I could see them again. in person.

Pouncer and Curley.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus