<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 03, 2016

Holiday baking. I like fruit cake and I am not embarrassed to say so. This year, I decided to make one. The first one was in a round bundt pan and it broke in half when I was taking it out. I also drenched it with too much apricot brandy, which made it incredibly moist. So I bought the ingredients last night and soaked the fruit (candied cherries, candied pineapples, dried dates, citron, and some chopped dried vegetables) and nuts (walnuts and pecans) in apricot brandy.
Fruit and nut mixture.

The cake dough contains relatively little flour and sugar. I used the recipe on the container of candied fruit. I mixed in the fruit and nuts and put it in two loaf pans. After it came out I used a pastry brush to put more apricot brandy on top.

Finished fruit cakes.

I then made sugar cookie and gingerbread cookie dough for an event next week.

And then I made an apple pie from scratch. I've just taken it out of the oven and I'll be curious to see whether it tastes good. I need to do a better job on the pie dough.


Apple pie.




Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus