<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 03, 2017

Last survey session in Young, five days in the field. Lots of rugged terrain in two areas. In one area it was up and down hills. My legs are used to it by now.

Mike and Tyler heading back to the Suburban.

Tuesday night was craft night. I brought along stuff to make cards and we had fun doing so.


Mike.

Tyler.

Connie.

Connie's cards were the best, very innovative use of old sheet music to make birch trees.

On Wednesday night we played Mexican train dominoes (or I as I call it, dominatoes). It was very competitive and I had to explain about the Choo choo train song.

Come on ride the choo choo train.

One day while we were trying to figure out how to get to one of our areas, we saw a couple of horses. I got out of the Suburban and wandered over to say hello. This horse was very friendly and wanted to be petted.

Horsey.

We documented ten sites, right new ones. The last was an enormous site with a few rock masonry structures, terraces, and trash scatters. When we find decorated sherds I photograph them so someone in the office can identify the type and then we can date the site. After photography, I put them back on the ground.

Sherds.

Back in Tucson an unpleasant set of comments on a previous survey put me in a bad mood. I have never liked being criticized, a result of the abuse my father heaped on me when I was a teenager. I could never do anything to please him, everything was always my fault. So naturally, as an adult I hate it.

It is December in Tucson and still hot. I need to finish yardwork, but everything is still growing. The oranges and lemons are turning color, soon ready to pick.

Waiting for cooler weather.

Mario came over and picked me up and we went to Home Depot to get a tree for the park. It was pretty dark setting it up, it looks nice at night with the big bright bulbs. These were the kind that were on Grandma Feiger's tree, not the bubble lights on evil Grandma's tree. Today I went over and Kathy helped me get the tree looking better, we wired on silver and gold pine cones.

Mario.

At home today I have a headache but I still made two fruit cakes, although I think they are a bit burnt on the edges. My house is decorated for Holiday and next Sunday I'll be having a few friends over to decorate cookies.

Holiday decorations and Snowball.


Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus