<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 11, 2017

My non-profit held Luminaria Night on Saturday. I made eight dozen cookies and frosting and the cookies were gone in less than two hours. Both kids and adults had fun decorating them.

I couldn't find the ornaments for the holiday tree so I took the paper flowers from my All Souls Altar (stored in a bag) and put them on the tree. I had to make another 10 to fill in places. People loved it, posing for pictures in front of the tree with the bright, huge flowers.


Paper flowers.

Even I took a selfie in front of it.

1894.

The event started at 3:00 PM and as evening set the lights and the fire in the horno lit up the area.

Horno.

Several years ago I made this decoration (following instructions on Martha Stewart's website) and I hung it up in the blacksmith ramada.

Star.

A group of women played 17th century Spanish music. It was lovely.

Musicians.

The soldiers fired the cannon and their rifles. I don't think they had pretty colored lights at their barracks in the 1790s.

Soldiers.

On Sunday morning I got up and baked cookies, sugar and chocolate sugar. Lost count of how many.

Cookies.

I cleaned house, made pasta salad and hummous, and then spent an hour making various colors of frosting.


Everything is ready.

I haven't had a Holiday cookie decorating party in probably seven or eight years. After my mother developed celiac disease, I never felt comfortable doing so. She is staying back in Michigan this winter.

I invited a small number of people over, and soon cookie decorating and talking and me drinking gin and tonics began.

Patrick, Richard, Emma, and Jane.


Mark.

Hiram brought his mother, Emma, and she was so sweet. She decorates her house in Mexico with snowmen, so I brought out this lighted snowman face that I had in the closet. "Que lindo!" She said. I surprised her by giving it to her when they were leaving.

Hiram shows off his cookies.

It was the funnest party I have had in years.

Jane and Emilee.

Cathy and Dan.

Mark and Patrick.

Snowball was locked up in my bedroom, so Buddy got to come in. I think he had the best time- all of those nice people petting him and sneaking him treats.

Mark, Buddy, and Kevin.

All of the cookies were decorated, they look really nice. I'm taking them to work to get eaten up.

Cookies, Holiday 2017.


Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus