<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 02, 2019

The orange and lemon trees bloomed, for a week the outside smelled lovely.

Orange blossom.

Of course my allergies went crazy and my eyes were weepy. Also, periodically, I thought about Buddy and about Mother, and my eyes were weepy. Poor Ruby tried to comfort me.

On Saturday morning I retrieved Robert for a busy day. Craft activities were accomplished. I had seen a video on making Egg Day wreaths, so I went to the dollar store and bought lots of eggs. Hot gluing took place, I singed my fingers a few times.

Robert waiting for the glue to hold.

It came out nice, I will hang it up on the door in two weeks when I have my party.

Robert demonstrates the wreath.

We also made lemon-rosemary soaps. We went down to 4th Avenue and I had my hairs cut. Then to the ice cream place and I saw they had grape nut ice cream. I had to have it, having recently sent the recipe from my great grandmother's 1940 cookbook to a well known magazine writer. It was delicious.

We walked to the 4th Avenue underpass and looked at the photo tiles. Forrest's has a few chips on it. Always nice to see his smiling face. Really need to go see him in North Carolina.

Forrest.

Robert had brought Pickles (AKA Twinkle Toes) and Taco to visit with Ruby. Ruby was obsessed with Taco. She is a lot bigger than him, and I think he was rather scared of her.

Homer, Taco, Ruby, and Pickles in the foreground.

Lots of yardwork taking place, my Egg Hunt Party is in two weeks. This morning I was astonished to see a little violet blooming, who knows where it came from. Violets and pansies are my favorite flowers.

Violet.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus