<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 09, 2019

For my non-profit's annual meeting I made desserts. Several reasons. I like baking. I have a new-used stove that has a working thermostat. And Homer-made desserts saves the non-profit hundreds of dollars.

 I started around noon on Saturday with the cakes. Matt bought me a fancy bundt pan so I made a lemon bundt cake. It came out beautifully and was delicious (have to find that recipe again).

Lemon bundt.

I made the chocolate mayonnaise cake. t had two layers of cranberry filling and one with vanilla cream cheese frosting. It was also delicious.


Chocolate mayonnaise cake with cranberry filling.


I made two smaller pineapple upsidedown cake. I put maraschino cherries in the center and mango salsa in other spots. I took one to work the next day.

Pineapple upside-down cake.

I saw rhubarb at Safeway and bought some. Found a recipe online for rhubarb cake with a cinnamon sugar topping. This one was mostly left alone. I admit, it was not attractive. But it did taste good and I ate most of it the next few days.

Rhubarb cake.

One of my volunteers has celiac disease, so I made a gluten-free spice cake mix and added carrots, raisins, and walnuts.


Gluten-free carrot cake.

Another volunteer liked the coconut cream pie I made last year, so I made it again. And then she didn't come to the meeting. This one was not popular.

Coconut cream pie.

Made something new- a vanilla wafer, vanilla pudding, whipped cream, and banana trifle. It was really good and was very popular.

Banana, vanilla wafer, whipped cream, and vanilla pudding trifle.

Lastly, I made a lemon meringue pie.

Lemon meringue.

The annual meeting went well and people really enjoyed the desserts. I'm moving to be vice-president after being president for four years. 

The new stove worked well. I have discovered that the top heats up much more than the old stove, so I cannot have anything sitting on it when the oven is on.


Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus