<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 29, 2020

I sit on my front porch and the smell of orange blossoms is strong. I had lost my sense of smell while having the cold, which incidentally is one of the symptoms of Covid-19 so who knows whether it was actually a cold.

Orange blossom.

I have started making a shopping list but it doesn't have enough things on it to warrant going to Safeway. I'm going to see how long I can last. The last time was on the 23rd.

Flowers are popping up all over the backyard, some are blooming, others are growing. 


Poppy.

In Arizona 919 people have tested positive for Covid-19 and 17 have died. Nationally, 461 people died in the last 24 hours. I check the Coronavirus website every day. Perhaps a little too obsessively.

And yet our Republican governor is doing next to nothing. And the people who support him are praising him for not shutting down non-essential businesses. I had a short debate with a hair and nail salon owner from Cave Creek about this. She is open for business, and she claims that doctors and nurses are coming in. I think she is a liar, but who knows. It is also amazing to see the people who think the virus is a hoax or that it will be okay if one or two percent of the population dies. We live in a bizarre time.

The internet is slowing down. Everybody must be on it, just like me. After doing chores and putting up a laundry drying line, I have been transcribing articles while a cold case crime show plays on the other screen. 



Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus