<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 30, 2020

I made a list and went to Safeway. I did not bring re-usable bags because they are not allowing them. I have a contained of wipes in the car and I took two in with me, wiping the cart handle. I kept re-wiping as I went through the store.

I genuinely felt scared in the store. People coming close to me. In the cheese section a woman was rifling through various Mexican cheeses, taking them down and putting them back. Luckily, I was not getting that sort of cheese.

At the check-out Crystal was working. A plexiglass shield separates the cashiers from the customers, not much protection. She has a small boy with asthma. She is a saint for working around people who are doing irresponsible things.

When I came home I carefully washed my hands. I did not wipe down the boxes and cans, it was too much, too many items (I was buying enough food to last for a couple of weeks including things for Doug and Birdy).

Last night Robert, who works at a Circle K along the interstate, sent me a picture of hand sanitizers, telling me he was using it over and over again. I asked if he had gloves and he said no. Matt gave me a bunch of latex gloves on Saturday. So I got in my car and drove north. He was busy wiping down the door handle, as various people went into the store (including a very elderly man) and was surprised to see me. I handed him the gloves. By the time I got home he sent me a message saying that he and his co-workers thanked me.

Later I sent Circle K a message asking why their staff didn't have gloves. The response I got was that staff got to wear gloves restocking food, but not allowed to wear them while handling cash. WTF. I asked the person who answered whether they would handle cash themselves without gloves. Not surprised that I got no answer back.

Ray and Robert are back from Spain, they got one of the last flights out last week. The situation there is terrible. We went on a socially distant walk at Sweetwater Wetlands and talked about things. It was so nice to see them. And see lots of birds, turtles, and even a frog.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus