<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 10, 2020

Last Saturday we drove down to the almost-ghost town of Pearce. We couldn't find the ruins that are there, but instead ended up in the old cemetery. According to Findagrave, at least 831 people are buried there. The cemetery is in a natural condition- not manicured, no mowing. It reminds me very much of cemeteries I have seen in New Mexico.

Agave.

We wandered around, on the look out for rattlesnakes, but didn't see any. Many of the graves had elaborate vaults over them.

Vault.

My favorite was this one, decorated with shells set into concrete.


Lighting was difficult, could not get a photo without my shadow.

We stopped at a collapsing adobe house for a selfie.

Homer and Matt.

And in other news, Arizona is a shithole. Our Governor refuses to do anything to stop the spread of Covid-19. We are the worst place in the country. Last week 226 people died. The first six days this week, 277. Yesterday he gave a press conference where he announced restaurant restrictions, but failed to note that these had already been in place for two weeks.

Pima County is now offering free Covid-19 testing. I have signed up on the first day, July 20th. I do not think I have been exposed, because I have been so careful, but who knows what will happen in the next nine days.


Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus