<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Can you have too many holiday decorations?  Let's find out?

I had my annual Holiday Cookie Decorating Party on Sunday. I decorated the dining room, living room, and my bedroom. Click an image to make them larger.

Dining room:

Erzgebirge angel choir. 


Red tree with felt ornaments, made by my mother and sister Susan.

1940s Holiday cards

Giant Santa head that Mother gave me.

Living room:


Flocked tree with Shiny Brite ornaments.

Santa and his moose.

Ceramic and one beaded tree. The pink one doesn't light up, unfortunately.


The 1968 Nylint house trailer I got for my birthday from Ace Hardware.

The main tree with mostly modern vintage looking ornaments. 

The bedroom:


IKEA tree with home-made ornaments.


White tree with crocheted or tatted balls.

Creepy Santa.

Outside:

Homer-made luminarias.

I baked about 140 sugar and gingerbread cookies and made 4 pounds worth of powdered sugar and lemon icing, which I colored and put in bags. 

Ryan, Jeffrey, Shannon, and Amelia decorating.

Cookies.

Matt displaying more cookies. 

I served chili, corn casserole (popular!), chips with dips and salsa, a fruitcake, and a chocolate mayonnaise cake with cranberry filling and Nutella cream cheese frosting on top. Also Homer-made eggnog.

We all had a good time and it was nice to see people I don't often get to see. 91-year-old Ann was the highlight, she loves how I decorate.

 


Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus