Thursday, July 30, 2026
It is monsoon season. We have had some goods rains, but need more.
Clyde kitty got in a fight and had an infected neck. He lost some weight. Likes to be inside when it is so hot.
Clyde.
Smokey is not friendly with Matt (and Puff Jr. is mostly the same). Every night she comes and sleeps near me though.
Matt and Smokey the Bear.
Matt and I went to a Gay West event at Old Tucson. I called Patrick and he drove us there. We met up with Paul and David. Had a good time.
Homer, Patrick, and David.
New murals popping up everywhere downtown. This one is across the street from the Presidio Museum. If features Native and Mexican women.
Homer and Matt.
The Brandylion is a fun bar on the Presidio Museum property. I dragged Matt there for a date night and he had a good time.
Brandylion bar.
One Saturday we went to the Habitat for Humanity store and I saw this pie safe ($249). Have always wanted one (Mother have hers to Uncle David, wonder what happened to it). Went back and bought it. The former tv stand ended up in the alley and soon disappeared. Matt helped load it into his truck and carry it into the house.
Pie safe.
July 4th Matt, Caleb, and I went to a pool party way up in Oro Valley. We had a good time and I get to pet some donkeys. The fireworks were horrible that night but I gave Ruby half a benadryl and she didn't get so frightened.
Caleb and Homer.
Matt's nephew Max came to town with his girlfriend from Louisiana. Scouting out the town because he is thinking about going to University of Arizona for graduate degree. We had dinner at El Torrero. The cauliflower tacos are delicious and messy.
Max and Matt.
So went to the Girl's Estate Store on Wilmot on a Sunday. Not expecting to see much. A girl working there pushed out a cart and I spotted a bag of Lego on the bottom shelf. I grabbed it, paid $17. The bag was filled with sets from 1989-1991, Pirate and Castle themed. I was able to put together four sets. The one sells for $180 and the others total another couple hundred. That was fun.
Lego sets in the pie safe.
Going to Michigan August 12 to 18. I hope it is cooler there, the heat is miserable right now here (high this week expected to be 111).









