<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Driving north on Mission you can see that the Catalina Mountains are covered in snow, with fat clouds clutching at the highest peaks. I wish I had my camera because the shadows and the purple hue is amazing. I'm guessing though that the camera wouldn't catch that very well, so I am content to memorize the scene instead. On my left, to the west, is a forest of saguaros, a few tick-tacky houses interspersed. On the right is the hell of mobile homes and palm trees, plunked down on the floodplain of the now-dry Santa Cruz River. I wonder what will happen when the next 500 year flood comes. Will the mobile homes wash away, taking with them the collections of plates and crystal figurines elaborately described in the Parade magazine each Sunday?

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus