<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

It's 4:00 AM and my mind is wandering as I wait for the anti-histamines to kick in. The orange and lemon trees are blooming and although the smell is quite pleasant, it fucks with the inside of my head and I convert into a mouth-breather. Little things like my new purple shower curtain, with its pleasing new plastic odor, or the freshly cut and raked yard can not stop the misery of congestion. It doesn't help that I just finished having a nightmare about my cat Clown, who my brother ran over about 20 years ago.

So what else? I'm pretty happy right at this moment, despite the swollen nasal passages. I've got some plans, some things going on. Some hopes and maybe a couple of dreams. I'm optimistic about some aspects of the future- I think, for instance, that the chances of Shrub being re-elected are diminishing as the press circles in their new vulture-like attitude.

In other news, I got to hold a cute turtle that Patti found on the road coming to work. Now, I've never thought reptiles were charming but this little turtle, with his little red and yellow spotted head and legs, was way charming. That turtle wrapped his little spotted legs around my fingers and looked at me patiently for a while before deciding he really wanted to be someplace else. I'm glad Patti rescued him, especially because he isn't a native of the Sonoran, he's an Eastern Box Turtle, and somebody's lost pet that awoke from hibernation and decided to talk a slow stroll across a busy side street. Now he is going to go live in Tanya's backyard with her other turtles and tortoises.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus