<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 01, 2004

Zombie dream. I am at the local Catholic cemetery, asking the unhappy Hispanic girl to show me the location of a grave. It is unmarked and we talk about the plants as we walk back to the office. I admire one grave with really nice tomato plants. Suddenly the girl's co-workers are running toward us, screaming "Run! Run!" Something is wrong and I lose her as we start to run away as well. Across a street, loaded with heavy traffic. Someone gets hit by a car and there is a bunch of cars hitting each other as well as a bicycle. Standing on the sidewalk, I'm asking someone to call 911, "Something is wrong, we need the police!" And then the bicycler gets up and I realize something is really wrong. "Look at him!" I shout and he comes toward me. But someone else steps in front of him and the bicycler's attention is diverted and he pauses to rip the guys head off and immediately thrusts his mouth into the mess of blood and tissue of what was once the guy's neck. Everybody screams "Run!" and away we go. As I run into the mall, I'm screaming over and over, "Run!" The people walking toward us look puzzled, and I shout "Run!" at them again as the crowd swells and more and more people begin to run away.

And then I wake up, heart pounding like crazy. I've never had a zombie dream before- I suspect that reading about the Dawn of the Dead movie, which Chad and Ali saw last weekend, was the cause. Crap, that was a scary dream. Much scarier than the typical "Hurry, hurry" dream I have, trying to get people to leave burning buildings. In part the zombie dream is also the product of shitty current events that I do not want to see- peoples' bodies mutilated and that sort of crap. It's pretty awful when reality is as bad as a horror film.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus