<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

El Tour de Homero, part 2. My house was built in 1927 and has a circular floorplan. The dining room used to be one bedroom, my study is the other bedroom with a bathroom (now used by the cats) in between.



The study, where all of the blogging magic takes place.

I recently painted the walls olive green over the lavender I had painted back in 1999. I'm still not happy with the color, but it will stay this way for a while I think.












Up on the wall of my study is a new picture that I received last week from Kyle. I really think he is a talented artist, especially since he is only in his early 20s.

Zap.





















My bedroom is in the addition on the back of the house, with a saltillo tile floor and french doors looking out into my unlandscaped backyard.



The bedroom.

My mother made the bedspread. My very expensive king sized bed has Puff tooth marks on one corner. Sigh. I painted the walls in a hurry when an appraiser was coming, to cover some water damage, and she praised the faux finish I had done.








The bathroom is painted mango orange. I have a plant in the shower that has been in the family since 1947. That's an awful long time.

A plate from Mexico.




When I get the guest house fixed up I'll post pictures of that and the backyard.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus