<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 15, 2006

I've been a horrible son and not done a lot with Mummy. She understands though, I'm so tired when I get home from the dig that I hardly have energy to do anything. Last night I fell asleep at 7 PM and slept for 11 hours.

Today, after doing my weekend chores, I announced we were going to Bisbee. So I fired the Saturn up and away we drove.

Bisbee is a small mining town southeast of Tucson. It was established in 1880 or so and has a couple of gigantic open pit copper mines next to it. Today it is mainly a tourist town.

Bisbee's main street.

So many cute miners' houses cling to the steep slopes along the various valleys that run down to the downtown. If I had an extra 100k I would buy me a weekend house. However, I don't have that extra money, but thanks to several nice antique stores, I do have a set of Christmas-themed cookie cutters from the 1950s, a 1950s chrome toaster, and a very warm knit hat.

The road cuts east of the town, next to the mining pits, are very colorful.

Mummy bought herself a tea kettle, for which I am sure she paid too much, but I didn't feel like arguing with her about it.

Mummy and Homer, the latter modeling his new hat.

The drive home went fast, the sun setting as we neared my house. It is supposed to cool down here tonight and tomorrow- highs only in the low 60s. I'm going to wear my new hat to work Tuesday morning.

Tucson sunset.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus