<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 18, 2006

It has rained once since October. The plants are dying. No baby birds or animals. I wet down the dirt in my front yard in an attempt to stop the dust from coming in.


The big lizard at work.

We are still a month off from the monsoon season. I'm hoping for lots of rain this summer.

Cactus flower.

I wish I had charming stories to tell but Byron wasn't working at Mexican Safeway and I left the store with detergent and scrubbing pads and orange-flavored chewable vitamins which leave a slight metallic taste in my mouth. Once when I was a kid, and we didn't have candy because we were poor, I climbed up on the counter and ate a couple of orange-flavored vitamins and felt real guilty afterwards. I was probably five-years-old, why that memory has stuck with me when so many others haven't is one of those great mysteries.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus