<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 03, 2007

When they divided Grandma F's house up a few years back I got the two chairs that sat at the table in the living room, the spindle-back couch, and the rocking chair from the upstairs bedroom. They've been sitting at my mother's house since then and for some reason my sister decided to send the chairs and rocker to me. They arrived in a box. With a quilt. That's all. No padding, nothing wrapped. The UPS box had a couple of stickers marked fragile. But the box was basically crushed in so bad that UPS wrapped it in plastic to keep it from falling apart. It turns out she had taken the chairs to one of my brother's Amish friends who ship furniture.

The chairs survived with one seat popped off. The rocking chair has a very busted arm and the finish rubbed off on one side. Doug will probably be able to repair the arm, although it won't look as nice as it used to.


Rocking chair.

My sister was very sorry, I asked her not to send me any more furniture in the mail! She meant the best but the people she had ship it were complete idiots.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus