<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I got screwed today. Well, my tire did, a bright shiny screw. The tire slowly deflated and in the afternoon I discovered my little spare was deflated as well. A trip to the tire store, a surprise when they didn't charge me for fixing it, and everything was better.

So Ms. Clinton won her primary. Congrats to her. This is going to go on for another six weeks or so, I guess. Then it comes down to the superdelegates. Will they decide quickly, or will they drag this into August and the convention?

The most likely scenario is that Obama will have the most pledged delegates (with the results today, he leads by 130 or so), the most states and territories (as of today, 30 vs 13), and the popular vote (currently about a half million). This is according to the political analysts I have read.

Clinton will have to convince the vast majority of the remaining 305 undecided superdelegates to overcome Obama's lead in pledged delegates. Will it happen? I don't know, anything is possible.

It could very well be that a relative handful of unelected Democratic party leaders decide who gets the nomination. Now that would be interesting.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus