<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The price of bananas at Safeway went from 59 cents to 69 cents. A loaf of the variety of bread I like is now $2.69, that's about 13 cents per slice. I make sure I eat all of my crusts now. The Mexican strawberries are $3.00 a carton, usually at this time of the year you can get a huge flat for $6.00.

My natural gas bill is higher, even when I use less hot water. At least the price of gas is the cheapest in the country, at $3.29 a gallon.

When I went to get my tire fixed yesterday the first two places were no longer in business. The number of other businesses closing, especially furniture stores, is noticeable. Real estate sales have slumped, the number of people who have given up looking for jobs is rising, etc.

Meanwhile, the Arizona State Legislature has introduced a bill to ban gay marriage. Another bill would prevent high school teachers from discussing communism in classes and would prevent all ethnic clubs from forming at colleges (no NAACP, no Latina Women's Business Club, etc). The same set want to prevent illegal immigrants from renting apartments. This is problematic when there are mixes household- perhaps a legal father, illegal mother, and legal children. So the entire family gets kicked out. Of course Arizona provides little money for homeless people.

And so on.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus