<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

So sick of hearing about these fucking "birthers" and their endless, stupid claims that Obama was born in Kenya. Or in Indonesia. Or isn't a citizen because his father was Kenyan. Or that the State of Hawaii won't release the actual copy of his birth certificate (which would never happen, the whole point is to protect the original certificate and prevent lunatics from having access to it).

I was born in Traverse City, Michigan on 16 September 1963. I know this because I have a certified copy of my birth certificate, complete with an embossed seal, that was prepared by the Grand Traverse County Recorder's Office in the mid-1970s, when my mother applied for a Social Security card for me (unlike nowadays, where you get a Social Security number at birth). I used this certificate to get my US passport back in 1986, and the Federal government issued me a passport, stating I was a native of the USA.

The actual paper copy of the birth certificate is housed in the (hopefully) fireproof vault at the Grand Traverse County Courthouse and can only be viewed by staff members, myself, or my mother (possibly my siblings or legal representative too, if I am somehow incapicitated).

The Traverse City Record Eagle published a birth announcement on 17 September 1963 (page 3, column 1):










And a short notice appeared in the dismissals portion of the "Hospital Notes" column of the same newspaper on 23 September 1963 (page 3, column 3). I had to stay in the hospital for a week because I my mother and I had incompatible blood types and was born through a Caesarian section so that my blood could be replaced:





The first photograph of myself was taken on Halloween day in 1963 (I was the fifth child so my parents were too poor and tired to take many pictures of me), but I am too lazy to track it down. Look at this picture of me instead (standing behind my brother Bub).

























Playing in the pig scalding kettle, circa Summer 1972.

My mother will attest that I was in fact born at the Munson Medical Center in 1963. My oldest sister, who was six, may remember me coming home from the hospital.

But none of this would matter to these "birther" fanatics. I tried to watch a video that Joe.My.God had posted on his blog, of some reject named Orly Taitz babbling away, but had to stop watching it because she is so obviously insane. I am sure Orly and the other fucking idiots could concoct lots of conspiracy theories why I am not an American citizen either. They make the Republican Party look more and more like a fringe group, full of racists and greedy oldsters. Like that is going to appeal to most reasonable people.


Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus