<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 25, 2009

A whirlwind of activities ensued.

I prepared potatoes au gratin, deviled eggs, and a fruit salad and then Mummy and I, suitably attired, traveled through the snow-less streets of Tucson to the Mark/Sandy/Zane estate for supper.




















Mummy, Martha, and Homer.

The food was delish and Sandy was very kind and made Mummy gluten-free corn muffins that she really, really liked. Mark, Zane, and Riel received hand-knitted goods, and Mark and Sandy got cocktail mixers that I thought looked/sounded soothing. Sandy also liked the homemade socks that Mummy made.



















Which you cannot see in this picture of Mark and Sandy.

Afterwards I left Mummy at home and drove to along the snowless Interstate to Richard's house for his Xmas Eve celebration. Roger was there in shorts, useful because the raging fire in the fireplace made it nice and hot. I forgot to take many pictures and the ones I did take didn't turn out. As I was leaving Richard insisted I stay for the dice gambling game, the one in which I placed second (still a loser though) last year.



















And in which I placed first this year!

I have not decided how to spend the $36 I won. It makes my wallet look HUGE!!!!

This morning I announced it was time to open the presents that Santa brought.
























Gifts awaiting opening.

Puff was very mad that none were for him. A book on raising chickens, a new toaster, a pineapple corer, and Mummy-made dish scrubbers are all very useful. Mummy expressed delight in everything Santa brought her, so it was a nice day capped by the macaroni and cheese that I made for lunch (secret ingredients, two teaspoons of Forrest's grandmother's red pepper jelly).

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus