Saturday, January 04, 2014
I went to the barber for a trim. Patrick called me asking if I was interested in continuing to work on his doors.
Last time I used chemical stripper to remove the paint. It was messy and not terribly effective. This time I used my trusty heat gun to peel up the layers of paint.
Door with top layers of paint removed.
I sanded as well, so Patrick made me a make-shift dust mask. I look like a robber.
Stick 'em up.
I peeled and sanded, then worked paint out of the little nooks and crannies and sanded some more. Patrick is going to paint them again, so I did not need to remove every little bit of paint (the wood quality isn't good enough to stain).
First side done.
I'll go back next weekend and finish the other side, I removed about 1/4 of the paint on that side before coming home to make Mummy supper.
Patrick testing the fire alarm.