<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 06, 2014

I just finished a genealogy book I have been working on for several years. It provides information on people who died in the part of northern Michigan I grew up in between 1845 and 1870. I was surprised when I counted the number and it was about 730. Feels good to have a project finished. Now I need to print copies and mail them off to various libraries.

Patrick gave me some dress shirts and bow ties and I purchased a pair of vests from the Victorian Emporium and have been dressing up for work two or three times a week. People at work were freaked out over this- "Are you interviewing for a job?" Archaeologists are not known for wearing nice clothes.

Dressy me and Buddy.

Really, dress clothes are just a form of drag, just like wearing t-shirts and jeans is a form of archaeology drag. So no, I wasn't dressing up for job interviews. 

Mother continues to confound me at times. She fell down today because of low blood sugar. At least this time she didn't fall on her face. She once told me she walks with her hands behind her back so that if she falls down she won't break her arms. Instead she gets huge black and blue marks on her face. SIGH.




Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus