<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 10, 2014

I created an altar for my the annual All Souls Procession cocktail party.


Ancestors, friends, family heirlooms, musical instruments.

A prominent place for dear Sam. I miss him.

Sam.

Many of the photographs are unidentified people. I purchase many of the photos on Ebay from my hometown in Michigan. 

Mostly unknown.

Jesse and Craig came down and helped me decorate sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies.


Skeleton.

Jesse and Craig did an excellent job decorating. They got to see me in a bad moment, brought on by stress.

Cookies.

I made a pound cake in my skull pan and decorated it like a sugar skull.

Cake.

That night we went to see Interstellar. It was very long. We did not get back home until almost 2:00 AM. I haven't been up that late in a long time.

The next morning I made breakfast burritos from leftover Spanish Rice and scrambled eggs. Then Craig carefully chopped things to make salsa.

Chopped!

I attempted to do a nice make-up, but it was very sloppy.


People began to show up.

Catelyn and her friend.



Craig and Jesse.

Fabiola.

Nicole and her husband.

Amy, Matt, Fabiola, and I.

Barney.

At 6:00 we walked down the street. I handed out gladiolas to women along the way. One woman told me it was very sweet. We watched people go by in the Procession. I think Craig and Jesse were impressed.


Craig and Jesse.

And so another year has gone by. This year I lost a co-worker and the former boyfriend of one of my best friends. I guess as I get older death will happen more often and someday it will be my turn. I hope somebody walks in the procession in my memory.


Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus