<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 09, 2015

I'm sort of going through the Holiday motions here. I have made cards. I put up some decorations. Tonight I made rum balls for the company's cookie exchange. But really I'm not in the mood this year.

Partly this is because Mother isn't here. She's back in Michigan, living in her own house. She is very happy to be there. Has a nice woman that comes four hours a day, five days a week, to help her out and keep her company. Mother is too frail to come here, and I wouldn't be able to take care of her.

Partly, it is because finances are pretty difficult from working part time for the last year. I certainly hope things pick up.

Thinking about Christmas when I was a kid. The excitement of getting a few toys and some candy. My parents did not have much money, we knew not to expect fancy gifts. I poured over the Sears Christmas Wish Book, and would point out an inexpensive toy. One year I got a cave man play set. Another year a GI Joe doll (the black one with fuzzy hair, which I still have). The horrible year I got the snow pants instead of the book on Pompeii that I really wanted.

Sometimes being an adult just sucks.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus