<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 14, 2019

There are not a lot of pictures of me as a child. I was the fifth baby and by then the parents were tired of taking pictures and there wasn't much money.

I'm probably about two-years-old in this photo. Sucking my thumb, something I did until I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. As a result, I ended up with very crooked teeth.


Here I am pulling tissues out of a box. Grandma F would talk about this one, how naughty I was.


Daisy was Grandpa F's dog (there was also a beagle named DeeDee because I wanted to call it Daisy too, but couldn't say that name correctly). Susan is combing Daisy, with Grandma F sitting in her chair next to the fireplace. Looks like I have a comb in my hand too.


I'm in some sort of stroller device. That's Uncle Fred on the left and brother Gerald in the background with Daisy. I do not know who the other dog is. This is in Grandpa and Grandma F's living room. 


Difficult to see, but here I am playing in a sandy area. I'm probably about three here. Lots of toy trucks and trailers, none of which we still have today.


This is probably at the Bolling farm. One of the three pictures of all five of us. I'm in the center with Gerald and Lee to the left and Susan and Elizabeth to the right.


Here I am perched on Babe, our Shetland pony, with Elizabeth. I was very scared. Wasn't until I was about 12 or 13 that I became confident riding horses.


My early childhood, from what I remember, was a happy time. Things really didn't start to go downhill until I was about nine, when Grandma T sold that field that was supposed to go to my father and things started to change. 


Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus